Our vision is of a food system where everybody, regardless of income, status or background, has secure access to enough good food at all times, without compromising on the wellbeing of people, thehealth of the environment and ability of future generations to provide for themselves.
In this vision, food is nutritious, healthy, good quality, local, culturally appropriate, fresh and sustainably produced.
At the core of this vision is the realization of the Right to Food and the government’s commitment to guarantee it. We believe a Food Sovereignty framework must be at the heart of food policy, and that communities are at the center of decision making on the policies that affect them and have a strong democratic control and truly participatory governance over our food system.
In this vision we have the power to shape the decisions that affect our lives, shape the way our food
system functions, and put in place the policies and practices we need.
1. To challenge the current approach to food policy-making in England.
2. To articulate a vision of the kind of food system we need in England and how it can be realised.
3. To lay out interconnected policy proposals that could be included in a national food and farming policy.
4. To provide a framework to organise, campaign and lobby around transforming our food system in England.
5. To continue to build the foundations and pillars of a food movement in England, which people from across the food system collectively engage with and shape.